We believe your private information should be just that – private. To provide you with the services we offer, we need to collect some personal information about you. This policy explains what we do and why we do it.
What our data policy covers:
1.What we collect
2.How we use your data
3.Who we share the information with
4.Retaining your personal data
6.What we don’t and won’t ever do
8.Updates to this policy
- What we collect
When you sign up to our newsletter, create an account on our website, make a purchase with us, or contact us, we may collect and store some personal data relating to you. This can include…
- Your name, gender, title and date of birth.
- Your contact detail including your billing and delivery addresses, your email address, your phone number and your username and password.
- Transaction details of what you bought from us and when, how you paid for the order as well as any preference details as to the type of product you bought.
- Technical information about when you visited us – the browser you used, your IP address and which technology you used – computer, mobile, tablet.
- Marketing and communication preferences – how you’ve told us you’d like to hear from us and stay in touch.
- How we use your data
We will only every use your data when:
1.We need it to fulfil a contract we enter into with you – most commonly when you place an order and we ship the product(s) you have ordered to you,
2.You contact us before or after you place an order with a query,
3.When we want to tell you more about Out of the Box Hampers through marketing communications on our website and other websites.
4.When we want to ask you to complete surveys about your experience of Out of the Box Hampers and how we can improve this service.
You can ask us to stop marketing to you at any time by contacting us and we’ll cease any marketing communication right away.
- Who we share the information with
In order to run our business, we work with various third-party vendors, who help us to complete the functions outlined above. They include…
Payment providers like PayPal and who allow us to take payments from you, our customers.
Marketing providers like MailChimp, Facebook and Google. You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by getting in touch with us and letting us know.
Shipping couriers and carriers like TNT who we use to get your delivery to you.
- Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your personal information for as long we it is required to fulfil the purposes which we have outlined above. The amount of information retained will be proportionate to how sensitive that information is. Legally we must keep basic information relating to purchases for a minimum of six years.
Cookies are identifiers that are passed to and stored by your computer when you visit a website like ours. These cookies allow the website to recognise you if and when you return to the website. This allows us to…
- Identify you when you register and log-on to our website.
- Keep details of the items you have stored in your basket, so these can be viewed if you leave the site and come back.
- Use analytical tools like Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers arrive at and use our website, so that we can improve the online customer experience we offer.
- Ensure we show you the most relevant product and content on our website to make the experience as personalised as possible.
- Help us keep the site secure and help protect against any fraudulent activity.
- Share content with you that’s based on your interests through our site, newsletter and third-party advertising applications.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You can block cookies so that your browser doesn’t accept them by adjusting the settings in your internet browser. Please refer to the help section of the browser to learn more about this. For the best experience whilst visiting our website we suggest you accept cookies from our site.
- What we don’t and won’t ever do
We don’t, and never will sell or rent your information to any 3rd party.
- Your rights
You have various rights about your personal information and how others, including us, retain and manage it. These include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you within our business.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances where we’re not legally required to retain that information.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through by unsubscribing using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, you have a complaint, or you’d just like to know more, please get in touch.
- Updates to this policy